The ninth round of the Ukrainian Premier League will close on Monday, with a match between the fighters for survival in the championship-Chernomorets Odessa will host Ingulets Petrovsky. We offer you a forecast for this meeting.
Odessa residents are in the third place from the bottom, just one point from the direct relegation zone. In the last two home matches, they scored one point, losing to Shakhtar without a chance (0: 3), and also drawing with Alexandria (2: 2). After the international break, Chernomorets hardly got a draw away from Minay (2: 2), and then lost to Zara (0:3). The Mariners managed to raise their spirits last Thursday, when they defeated the first-league "Prikarpatye" (4:1) in the Cup.
The Yellow-Reds looked great before the international break, having drawn with Dynamo (1: 1), after which they achieved victories twice-on the road over Lviv (2: 1) and at home over Mariupol (3:0). But after the holidays, all the enthusiasm of the Petrovtsev disappeared, and they began to lose to everyone. In the championship, Ingulets lost to Alexandria on the road (0: 1), lost to Kolos at home (0: 2), and then flew out of the Ukrainian Cup from the modest Cherkasy LNZ (1:2).
Statistics and figures
- Chernomorets has a 4-match winless streak in the championship (2 draws + 2 defeats);
- In the last ten matches of Chernomorets, the Total bet was more than 2.5;
- Chernomorets has a 4-match winless streak in home matches (1 draw + 3 defeats). In three of them, the residents of Odessa did not score;
- "Ingulets" has a 3-match series of defeats;
- Ingulets has lost 5 matches out of the last six away matches, winning only once.
"Ingulets" has never played a draw in away matches this calendar year. Yes, there was a draw in Kiev with Dynamo, but formally it was a home match for Petrovtsev. Given the prolonged black streak of the "Cossacks", a draw in Odessa will be a normal result for them. It is unlikely that it will be possible to win, given that Chernomorets has practically nowhere to retreat, and it is necessary to gain points to fight for survival.