In one of the matches of the Russian Football Championship, the players of CSKA Moscow and Zenit St. Petersburg will come face to face. Who will win the central match of the tour? LiveResult.Ru evaluates the opponents' chances of success.
CSKA Moscow is on the sixth line in the RPL standings after 15 matches. In the asset of the "army" 24 points. Apparently, the "army" began another wave of decline. The losing streak of Berezutsky's team has already been three meetings. And, if the meeting with Khimki ended in a draw (0:0), then in the matches with Rubin and Sochi, the Army team lost, showing a very weak game in all lines.
Meanwhile, the St. Petersburg team topped the national championship standings. In 15 matches, the blue-white-blues were able to score 33 points. In the four previous meetings, the St. Petersburg team scored 10 points, as a result of which they were able to maintain a gap from their competitors. At the beginning of the month, Semak's team drew with Ural (0:0), well, until that moment they defeated Dynamo and Spartak in St. Petersburg. Nizhny Novgorod was also beaten confidently.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Fuhs (red card) – CSKA Moscow.
- Magnusson (achilles injury) – CSKA Moscow. Azmun (muscle injury), Kritsyuk (leg) - all Zenit.
Statistics and figures:
- Zenit is the favorite of the meeting;
- CSKA has a 2-match unbeaten streak in all tournaments;
- "Army men" can't win the championship for 3 matches;
- The last face-to-face meeting of the rivals ended with a score of 1-0 in favor of Zenit.
The St. Petersburg team won 5 previous meetings with CSKA, and clearly do not intend to lose points in the next match. Recently, the "army men" have indeed become a convenient rival for Semak's wards. CSKA is waiting for failure again.