In the match of the second round of the group stage of the Portuguese League Cup, Santa Clara will play at home with Porto. Your attention is invited to the forecast for this meeting.
At Santa Clara, the first half of the season does not stick at all. The team failed to make it to the group stage of the Conference League, and in the championship it is weaving among the outsiders. During the October international break, the new head coach of the Azores was introduced to Nuno Campos, with whom Leiria managed to pass in the Portuguese Cup (2:0), but a home defeat from Famalikan (0:2) immediately followed in the championship. In the League Cup, Santa Clara drew with Rio Ave in the first round (2:2).
For Porto, the current calendar month is going great – all 4 matches have been won. After the matches of the national teams, the Dragons defeated Sintrense in the national Cup (5-0), after which they were able to get the most important victory in the Champions League at home over Milan (1-0). Last Saturday, Sergio Conceicau's team won the championship in an away match against Tondelo (3:1), thanks to a hat-trick by Taremi, continuing to hold second place in the standings, one point behind Benfica. Porto have not played in the League Cup this season yet.
Statistics and figures
- Santa Clara has won only 1 match out of the last seven, losing three times;
- In the last four matches of Santa Clara, the "Total less than 2.5" bet was held;
- Santa Clara has a 5-match winless streak in the League Cup (2 draws + 3 defeats);
- Santa Clara has a 3-match winless streak in home matches (1 draw + 2 losses);
- Porto has a 13-match winning streak in head-to-head matches with Santa Clara;
- Porto has a 4-match winning streak;
- In six of the last seven matches of Porto, the total bet was more than 2.5;
- Porto has a 14-match unbeaten streak in away matches (9 wins + 5 draws).
Azoreans have been the Dragons' favorite opponent since 2002, as Santa Clara has not been able to take away a single point from Porto for almost two decades. In this match, the series is unlikely to end, because the hosts are not up to cup tournaments now – they have to fight for survival in the championship. The guests should win here confidently enough, even with an experimental composition.