In the central match of the sixth round of the Portuguese Primeira Liga, the second and third teams of the championship will meet-Estoril will play at home with Sporting. We present to your attention the forecast for this match.
The "canaries" were seriously surprised at the start of this season – few people expected such a speed from the "elevator team". Before the international break, Estoril beat Aroca (2:0) and Pasos de Ferreira (3:1) on a visit, and at home they drew with Vitoria Guimaraes (0:0) and defeated Maritima (2:1). After the holidays, Estoril managed to win another away match, being stronger than Tondela (2: 1).
The "White-green lions" started this season like a champion, winning the Portuguese Super Cup in the confrontation with Braga (2: 1), and then winning the championship three times, beating Visela (3:0), the same Braga (2:1) and Belenenses (3:0). But before the international break, the Lisbon team failed to defeat Famalikan on the road (1: 1), and after the break they missed a victory over Porto at home (1: 1). In the Champions League, Sporting got off to a terrible start, defeating Ajax in their home walls (1: 5).
Statistics and figures
- Estoril has a 5-match winless streak (4 wins + 1 draw);
- In the last three matches of Estoril, the bet "Both will score + Total more than 2.5"was held;
- Estoril has a 10-match unbeaten streak in home matches (7 wins + 3 draws);
- Estoril won the last 2 full-time matches against Sporting;
- Sporting has a 3-match winless streak (2 draws + 1 defeat);
- In four of the last five matches of Sporting, there was a bet "Both teams will score";
- Sporting has lost only 1 match out of the last 12 away matches, winning 8 times.
It is unlikely that Estoril, which is on guard, will not take advantage of the emerging problems in the defense of Sporting. It will be very difficult for Lisbon to break their winless streak.