In the match of the 33rd round of the German championship, the players of Leipzig and Wolfsburg will play. Will the "wolves" be able to overcome the opponent in the away match?
Leipzig, on the whole, is having a pretty good season in the Bundesliga. The team of Julian Nagelsman is in second place in the standings. For a long time, the bulls pursued Bayern, but at the end of the season they still gave up and did not fully participate in the championship race. The risk of being left without silver medals is present. "Wolfsburg" has four points less, and everything will depend on the face-to-face meeting with "wolves". A couple of days ago, the "bulls" lost in the final of the German Cup to Borussia Dortmund (1:4), showing very nondescript football.
The Wolfsburg players are having a very solid season. Few people could have imagined before the start of the season that the team of Glasner would fight for the second line, but the "wolves" have such a chance. But it is much more important for the Wolves to stay in the league zone, because the fifth Eintracht has only three points less, which means that it has every chance to get into the fight for the distribution of the league places that the clubs are hunting.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Adams (back), Angelino (coach's decision), Samardzic( knee), Soboslai (groin) - all Leipzig. Bialek (knee), Steffen (ankle) - all Wolfsburg.
Statistics and figures:
- The hosts are the favorites of the meeting;
- Leipzig have a 2-match losing streak;
- "Wolves" managed to win twice in 5 games;
- In the first round, the opponents drew 2-2;
- The last face-to-face meeting of the opponents happened in the German Cup, where the Bulls were stronger-2: 0.
It is worth noting that in the last four away matches, the Wolfsburg players scored in the first half. As it seems, in this match, the guests will be able to please their fans and send the sphere into the frame of the opponent already during the first half.