As part of one of the matches of the 1/8 finals of the English League Cup, Chelsea and Sunderland players will come face to face. Which of the opponents will get the victory in this match? Our sports portal evaluates the chances of rivals for success.
Chelsea players started with the 1/16 final of the English League Cup. Thomas Tuchel's team was able to defeat Aston Villa in a penalty shootout on their own field. Now the club leads the RPL standings after nine matches played. The London team has 22 points, and Liverpool (21 points) and Manchester City (20 points) are located next to each other. Earlier, the team won a crushing victory over the Swedish "Malmo" with a score of 4:0 in the LCH. "Pensioners" have 6 points in their group and are on the second line in the standings.
The Saints have already overcome two stages of the League Cup. In the 1/32 finals, the team beat Newport (8:0), and in the 1/16 finals defeated Sheffield United on penalties - 2:2. In the Premier League, Southampton did not show good results from the first rounds. The situation has changed a little, but the current 16th place can hardly be called successful. Southampton scored only 8 goals in the national championship, and missed 1.5 times more in their frame. The gap from the danger zone is only 4 points, so it's too early for guests to relax.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Ward-Prowse (red card) – Southampton.
- Werner (thigh), Lukaku (ankle) - all Chelsea. Stevens (knee) – Southampton.
- Under question:
- Werner (hip), Lukaku (ankle) - all Chelsea. Stevens (knee) – Southampton.
Statistics and figures:
- Chelsea is considered the favorite among bookmakers;
- The Blues have won 4 in a row;
- The Blues have scored in the last 4 matches;
- Southampton have not lost for 2 matches;
- The last face-to-face meeting of the rivals ended with a score of 3:1 in favor of Chelsea.
We are betting on Chelsea's victory in this meeting. After all, the "blues" have advantages over their opponent, which is an indisputable fact. With such a composition, "pensioners" are obliged to win.