As part of the 1/16 final of the English League Cup, the players of Preston and Cheltenham will come face to face. Which of the rivals will get the victory in this confrontation? Our sports portal gives a forecast for this match.
"Preston" performs very well in the current Championship draw. After 8 rounds, the team has 9 points on its account, which allows it to be located on the 17th line in the standings, having a goal difference of 9: 11. In the last 5 matches, the team has not lost once, having managed to win twice and draw three times. As part of the League Cup, McEvoy's team showed itself quite confidently, beating Mansfield and Morecambe. The hosts approach the upcoming meeting in a good game form.
Cheltenham is one of the few representatives of the First League who managed to reach the stage of the 1/16 finals of the tournament. Earlier, the guests were able to defeat Bristol Rovers with a score of 2:0, as well as Gillingham (1:1, having won in a penalty shootout), In the championship the team has 12 points after 8 rounds. The team has an equal balance of goals scored and conceded-11: 11.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Barkhuizen (injury), Brown (injury), Olosunde (injury), Sinclair (illness) – all Preston.
- Under question:
- Evans (injury) - Preston.
Statistics and figures:
- "Preston" - the favorite of the meeting;
- "Preston" has drawn in the last 3 games;
- "Preston" has not lost for 6 matches in all tournaments;
- Cheltenham has a 3-match unbeaten streak;
- The rivals have not previously crossed paths in face-to-face meetings.
I am sure that Preston will be able to distinguish themselves at least twice in this match. Our bet will be in favor of the performance of the home team, which is performing quite well and wants to continue its performances in the English League Cup.