As part of the 1/16 final of the English League Cup, the players of Norwich and Liverpool will come face to face. Which of the rivals will get the victory in this confrontation? Our sports portal gives a forecast for this match.
For the hosts, the performance in the English League Cup, apparently, is the only joy this season, since the Canaries began to perform successfully in the tournament, defeating Bournemouth with a score of 6 in the face-to-face meeting:0. In the Premier League, the team has 0 points after five rounds, having lost all 5 matches, and being in last place. In the last match, Norwich lost to Watford on their own field, without demonstrating a decent game in defensive formations.
The Reds will play their first match in the English League Cup, but the team has already started in the group stage of the Champions League. In the home match with Milan, Liverpool won an important victory with a score of 3: 2, showing character. After 5 rounds of the current Premier League championship, Liverpool have 4 wins and 1 draw, which brought the visiting team 13 points and the second place in the table. It was also possible to look at the Liverpool defense line, which conceded only 1 goal. Last Saturday, Liverpool easily dealt with Crystal Palace, defeating the opponent with a result of 3: 0.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Biram (hip), Zimmerman (ankle) – both Norwich. Firmino (thigh), Elliot (ankle) – both Liverpool.
- Under question:
- Mumba (knee), Plakheta (illness) - all Norwich. Alcantara (calf injury), Williams (leg) - all Liverpool.
Statistics and figures:
- Liverpool - the favorite of the meeting;
- Norwich have 4 defeats in 5 matches;
- "Liverpool" won 4 meetings out of the previous 5;
- The last face-to-face meeting of the rivals took place in August of this year, ending with a score of 3: 0 in favor of Liverpool;
- The Reds have won their last 4 matches.
I think that Liverpool has a lot of chances to succeed. The "Reds" show a decent level of football and are obliged to pass the "canaries", who can not find their game in the English championship in any way and are behind the echelon.