In the match of the 36th round of the English championship, the players of Everton and Sheffield United will come face to face. Will the Toffees be able to fight the Blades painlessly? Our sports portal gives a forecast for this meeting.
Everton players are the fourth team in England in terms of the number of national league titles, of which the Toffees currently have nine. But the last such victory for the "toffees" happened 34 years ago. The start of the current championship was quite successful for Everton ,but the unstable game did not allow Liverpool to enter the fight for medals. After 35 rounds, the hosts have 16 wins and 8 peaceful outcomes, which brought 56 points and the 8th place in the standings.
As for the "blades", last season the team was pleased with the enchanting matches and their mood for the game, but in the current championship there is nothing like that left. From the first rounds, "Sheffield" lost concentration, and for 35 rounds got only 5 wins, as well as 2 peaceful outcomes. Such results brought the team 17 points, as well as the last place in the standings. In the last five games, the Blades have defeated Brighton, and also lost 4 meetings, losing in the last match at home to Crystal Palace (0: 2).
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Gbamen (knee) - Everton. Ampadu (groin), Burke (leg), McBurney (broken leg), O'Connell (knee), Sharp (hip) - all Sheffield United.
- Under question:
- Mina (muscle injury), Rodriguez (calf injury) - Everton. Berg (muscle injury) - Sheffield United.
Statistics and figures:
- Everton are listed as the game's favorite;
- "Toffees" do not lose for 2 matches;
- The Liverpool team did not concede a goal in the 2 previous duels;
- "Blades" lost 4 meetings out of 5 in the framework of the Premier League;
- Everton defeated Sheffield United 1-0 in the first round.
For the guests this season, everything has already been decided, but the "toffees" have a real chance to compete for a place in European competitions. To do this, the home team needs to score points in the remaining rounds, and this must be done starting right from today's match.