As part of one of the matches of the regular NBA championship, the basketball players of the Charlotte Hornets and the Indiana Pacers will come face to face. On whose side will the victory be in this confrontation? Our sports portal gives a forecast for this meeting.
Charlotte basketball players were able to keep the core of the team. The club's losses were not decisive. In addition, the hosts' camp was strengthened by a player like Cali Oubre. Everyone hopes that the former Golden State player will be able to show his best side. Despite this, in the preseason, Charlotte did not look the best. The team lost 3 games out of 4. At the same time, only Oklahoma managed to beat (113:97). After that moment, the Hornets' performance immediately dropped. In the last meeting with Dallas, Borrego's team could not surpass even the 60-point mark.
In the offseason, Indiana significantly strengthened its roster. Brad Wanamaker came to the camp of the club. Last season, this basketball player played just for the rival Pacers, and averaged 7 points per game. But with such indicators, he will not claim to get into the starting lineup, but he will quite come down to the role of a "shopkeeper". In the preseason, the guests looked good. They were stronger than both Cleveland and Memphis, but ended their preparations for the start with a defeat to the Cavs.
Injuries and disqualifications:
- Plumley (illness), Hayward (illness) - both "Charlotte". LeVert (back), Warren (leg) are both Indiana.
- Under question:
- Bridges (knee) – Charlotte. Martin (muscle injury), Holiday (ankle) are both Indiana.
Statistics and figures:
- Rivals have approximately equal chances to win;
- "Charlotte" has lost 4 meetings out of the last 5;
- "Indiana" was able to win 3 victories in 5 previous meetings;
- The last face-to-face meeting of the rivals ended with a score of 144:117 in favor of Indiana.
Meetings of these teams, as a rule, are unpredictable, but the pre-season tournament showed that Indiana was better prepared for the start of the regular championship, having beaten famous rivals. As for Charlotte, the hosts lost 75% of the matches. Obviously, the team was simply not ready to start.